Tuesday, June 13, 2017

MKHBC-8-Rx : Finished building the RTC / Banked RAM card.

Ufff! Took me 2 weeks, but finally finished my combined RTC and banked RAM card. As usual I used prototyping PCB and point to point soldering using enameled magnet wire. I used this part of project as opportunity to enhance my workbench with better soldering tools - quality soldering station, better wire cutters, PCB holder, solder wick, chisel tips, you name it. The job was more enjoyable thanks to that. I had a little scare at the end because the card didn't work right away, but it turned out to be a missed connection. Fixed it and it works now. I am pleased with the result and I'm looking forward to design and implementation of the User Interface I/O card. (keyboard, display, joystick, sound, mass storage etc.)

Ready to populate with IC-s and battery.

Almost 300 soldering points. Thanks to good tools and supplies this was quite pleasant work.

Card is now in the motherboard. All seems working fine, there is no smoke.


Testing shows time keeping and memory banking functioning properly.
I am pleased with the results and looking forward to design and implementation of the User Interface and I/O card - keyboard, display, joystick port, sound, mass storage etc.

Thank you for your interest.

MK 6/14/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reset And Panic Buttons, Buttons Debouncing

Reset And Panic Buttons, Buttons Debouncing The monitor program in my home brew computer has a nice debug feature. The NMI (Non-Maskab...